WHEREAS, the Governor of Indiana, Eric Holcomb, did declare by Executive Order 20-20 on March 6, 2020 a State of Health Emergency does exist and as affirmed by Indiana State Board of Accounts State Examiner Paul Joyce March 12, 2020 and according to the authority of IC 10-14-3-1 et.seq.,
WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners have issued a Disaster Emergency Declaration for Monroe County, beginning March 17, 2020.
WHEREAS, the Declaration recognizes the presence of and community spread of the contagious and potentially life-threatening Novel Corona Virus.
NOW THEREFORE LET IT BE RESOLVED, Perry Township Trustee has established the following Health Emergency Assistance Procedures:
- Perry Township Trustee Office will be closed to the public.
- Telephone interviews will be conducted if needed
- Applicant requests assessed on a case to case basis
- Requests for utilities will be referred to utility company for moratorium information
- Shelter assistance (evictions) clients will be reassured that the court process has been halted and eviction hearings ceased until further notice
- Economy Inn (4805 S Old State Rd 37, Bloomington, IN 47403) is the only motel in our township that will accept our voucher and they are held under motel law therefore eviction can occur without a court proceeding so any application for Economy Inn will be accepted.
- All applications for cremations will be accepted
- Phone messages will be checked twice daily, Monday through Friday
- The Perry Township Food Pantry will have scheduled pick-up times, and food will be delivered on an as-needed basis
- Emergency applications will not be processed until we have received identification and, if applicable, relevant VISA documentation.
THIS AUTHORITY shall remain in force until revoked either by the Township Board or the Declaration by the Governor that the Health Emergency Declaration has expired.
ADOPTED THIS 19th DAY OF MARCH, 2020.